-->

Friday, June 8, 2012

Beauty on a Budget

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how best to take care of my skin, hair, etc. while on a rather tight budget.  One of the biggest challenges for me is to figure out what I (think I) can and can't live without.  Even after simplifying my beauty routine and deciding what type of products I always want to have on hand, I still need to figure out if I'm going to buy all of my beauty items at the drugstore, find them online at a discount, or pick and choose between the cheap side and the store that ex-significant others really wished I would stop going to.  If I decide that I cannot live without that $70 hand cream, I also have the option of giving up the $35 apiece shampoo and conditioner that I've been using.  What I need to do is find products that are inexpensive (and sometimes that's comparative), but actually work - then I can find a better balance.  


So we're trying out something new, here on The Thinnest Skin.  We are going to test out some products from the grocery store/drugstore/etc. that are less costly than most of what you will find at Sephora, department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom, various beauty boutiques, etc.  The idea is to provide some feedback on products people in the beauty world are talking about right now, so you can decide if you're going to buy your face wash from WalMart, but keep investing in that expensive skin cream from Neiman Marcus.  Or, you may decide that your entire beauty routine is going to come from the same place where you get your groceries.  Hopefully we can help you find the best beauty items for you without breaking the bank.  All of the posts for this little project will start with "Beauty on a Budget," then the name of the item or items.


Here are the products we have lined up for review so far:


The Thinnest Skin does not receive any kind of payment for the reviews we write and we promise to be as honest but objective as we can.


In the mean time, go vote on my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.