-->

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Poor Uncrafty Hands

As those of you who read Uncrafty know, I learned to crochet in July.  I am really excited about being able to make things.  In fact, I crochet any time that I can - watching TV, waiting for something to bake in the oven, while on the phone, etc.  Because I have sensitive skin, some of the yarns I've used have irritated my hands and, as all crafters know, yarn and other media will suck the moisture right out of your skin.  



As I've gotten older, the skin on my hands has started to dry out anyway and I've already found some really excellent hand creams/lotions/etc.  My biggest problem is forgetting to use them.  When I do remember, my favorite product to use is LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Cream.  I did originally purchase it just for my cuticles, but it is recommended for dry cuticles, elbows, toes and heels (and in the video above, hair!).  I'm a bit obsessed with the sweet lemon scent of this stuff and a very small amount goes a long way.  The biggest complaint I hear about it is that it's greasy, but if you truly use a small amount it soaks right in.  By a small amount, I mean one teensy dab, emulsified between your hands.  This is also a great on-the-go, multipurpose product.  I always carry a small container with me and the regular size always goes in my carry-on when I travel.  I love to smell like this stuff.




But since I often forget to moisturize my hands throughout the course of the day, I am truly grateful to LUSH for creating a new hand product - a non-lathering, super moisturizing hand cleanser.  Putty for Your Hands soothes and moisturizes with oats, marshmallow mucilage and shea butter (among other things) and most notably without any foaming agents (which often irritate skin).  You can use it by lightly rubbing the bar over your hands or by breaking a piece off and crumbling it into your palm first.  This creates a sort of thin paste, which you then rinse off.  It doesn't feel greasy afterwards and your hands will feel softer, be lightly scented (the lavender in this is very subtle) and you can stick some of this in a tin and take it with you wherever you craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.